CHEF: JILL BORDELON MUNIR
Simple date cookie recipe that is has crisp crutch and is sweet and nutty. Chewy dates and toasted pecans add the perfect flavor and texture. You will want to dunk these crisp in a glass of milk or your favorite plant based milk.
· 1 cup plant-based butter or butter, softened
· 1 cup packed brown sugar
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour/ gluten free flour
· 2 cup rolled oats / gluten free rolled oats
· 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
· ½ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
1. In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer -high 30 seconds.
2. Add the next five ingredients.
3. Beat until combined. You may need to scrap the bowl.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla.
5. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
6. Stir in any remaining flour, the oats, dates, and pecans.
7. Divide dough in half.
8. Shape each half into a 2-inch-diameter roll.
9. Wrap each in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
10. Chill dough until firm enough to slice (1.5 hours).
11. Preheat oven to 375°F.
12. Use a serrated knife to cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
13. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown or to you crispy texture liking.
14. Remove, cool on wire rack.
6 to 8 mins
3 cups pulled beef
Jill Bordelon Munir
Owner of Pure Eats Co.
Qatar's First 100% Gluten
and Dairy free Restaurant. https://pureeatsco.com/
Must read; A Date with Dates - Heenat Salma Farm link here